Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May/June Favorites

Things have been pretty hectic lately.  I've started my clinicals at school so now I'm working full-time and then I work at school all weekend long.  It's tiring but it will be worth it in the end.  I haven't been wearing much makeup for school but that doesn't mean I haven't gone without! :) 

Here's what I've been loving for the past month or so:

EPICALLY EPIC SOAP COMPANY'S LAVENDER OAT SOAP
I originally bought this for Addy when I made my big Epically Epic haul several months back, but she quickly realized that lavender is not a scent she enjoys.  I have to admit, it's not my favorite scent either (It's not one I'd pick for myself, but I don't hate it) but this soap lathers up so nicely and leaves me feeling clean, fresh, and not too dry.  Plus, it's really pretty...isn't it?

 (Image courtesy of Google because I forgot to snap a pic before I used it!)

L'OREAL VOLUMINOUS MILLION LASHES MASCARA

Yay! Here's my craptastic pic from my review of this product :)  I won't say much about this since I just reviewed it but I will say that I love it and it makes my lashes look awesome!

WET N' WILD VANITY PALETTE
I know this is old news, but I just bought this palette last month.  I've been trying to boost up my collection of neutral colors.  I've been using this a lot and practicing my winged liner to go a long with it!  It's still not perfect, but I'm getting better every time :)
 (Another Google pic...I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.  I would have totally taken my own pic if I had known)

MILANI LIP FLASH IN STARFLASH
My computer chose this moment to give me a hard time so I have no picture of this.  For anyone who doesn't know about this product...lip flash is a lip gloss/lip stick hybrid product that comes in a pencil.  Starflash is a pale, shimmery, baby pink color.  It looks ridiculous on me alone, but it adds a really cool iridescent sheen when worn over other lip colors.  Of course this doesn't really translate well to photography but trust me...in person it looks incredible!

BEAUTY SCHOOL HAIRCUTS
I went to get my hair cut recently at a "real" salon and I had a horrible experience.  It will probably show up as a rant post pretty soon :)  But an old acquaintance of mine is about to graduate from beauty school and offered to fix it.  She did such an awesome job...I think she has a fan for life!  And the cut only cost me ten bucks!
This is me showing off my new haircut.  Wet n' Wild Vanity Palette on my eyes (left side of palette) with winged liner (L'Oreal Lineur Intense).  Fyrinnae's Visual Kei on my lips with Milani Starflash over the top of it. 

3 comments:

Teresa [themakeupnut] said...

I am still laughing at "craptastic". That was hilarious. :D

Robyn said...

You look gorgeous! My boyfriend keeps telling me to get a beauty school cut whenever I moan I can't afford the salon, maybe I'll look into it.

I got given the wet n' wild Comfort Zone... er, wow! It's pretty. I love Wet N Wild.

Stephtee said...

My grandma used to always take me for beauty school haircuts...they were pretty hit and miss but this girl is going to be a great hairdresser...she did such a good job!

Wet n' Wild has come a looong way from when I was a kid. Some of their stuff is really good...and so easy on the wallet :)