Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now (Fall Edition)

I've really been rather suck-ish at keeping up with my favorites lists.  But somewhere between classes, clinicals at the hospital, work, kids and pretty much life in general...I've managed to still assemble a little collection of new (new to me, anyway) stuff that has quickly become my go-to stuff for the moment.


OHWTO's BLACK MAGIC SOAP
I was so excited to get my OHWTO order that I didn't take pictures of anything.  This soap totally lives up to all it's hype.  After just a few uses, I could definitely see a difference in my skin.  Even Jeff noticed!  He looked at me, fresh out of the shower, and he told me that my face looked brighter, cleaner, and fresher looking.  And I LOVE the way it smells.  If you purchase anything from OHWTO, it should be this!  www.ohwto.com

URBAN DECAY LIQUID LINER IN RADIUM
I love the color of this!  I've been using this a lot when I need to do a simple look.  Just throw some of this on...do some nice thick, winged liner and my basic face makeup...and I'm good to go.



 WET N' WILD LIPSTICK IN 522A
I still have a love/hate relationship with lip products.  I love how they look, I love how they pull together my look, I hate how they feel on my lips.  But Rite Aid was having a 60% off sale and I got a bunch of lipsticks for 49 cents!  This is my favorite of the bunch.  It makes me feel fierce!

 Taken on my way out to dinner with Jeff and the kids.  I look kind of smarmy or something but the pic shows the lipstick off pretty well :)

HARD CANDY GLOSSAHOLIC GLOSS IN FABULOUS
I suppose this gloss is pretty pointless...because I keep eating it!  I think it tastes delicious.  Aside from that, I like the extra large doe-foot applicator and the sparkly flakies. 
 Blurry gloss pic for the win!
 Very pretty!

COLORED CLIP IN HAIR PIECES
I don't have a problem putting colored streaks in my hair.  However, it isn't appropriate for school.  One of my Facebook friends suggested that I try some clip-ins.  I bought a purple set and a blue set.  I've been getting lots of compliments on them.  They've quickly become my new favorite accessory.
I like them a lot.  Eyes done with the Kat Von D Metal Orchestra palette.  I'm still on the fence about that product.

What are your favorites lately?

4 comments:

GenkiOriana said...

Oh man, wait. Clip in hair. I need to try that: I dig the thought of colored streaks but can't do it as a teacher... and that just looks FUN. Also: nice lipstick photo, you sexy woman you. ;)

My favorites right now: my jacket, my brown sweater, and my BB cream. I've given up on eye makeup for work: winter turns me into a bear and I want that extra sleep like nothing else. ;)

Stephtee said...

I'm used to working in a field where there isn't much in the way of dress codes. For years, I've been able to do whatever I've wanted to. But just like with teaching, nurses have to portray a certain level of professionalism in the way they dress...the clip-ins are my way of having the best of both worlds :)

BB cream...I want to try one but I'm sooooo pale and I worry that I won't find one that is the right shade for me. I read these blogs where people have said they've bought eleventy seven different BB creams before they found the right one. I just do not have that in my budget.

I also have a new jacket...and I LOVE it. Not sure how comfortable I'd be doing outfit posts...I'm not as bold as you are in that department :) If I was, I would have shown it off!

Ugh. Winter. I wish I could hibernate.

GenkiOriana said...

Oh I can't even imagine: when I go to the doctors (when I need to be there) I guess I do expect a certain level of professionalism in my nurses and doctors. I mean... I want to be taken care of and helped, right? If a nurse came in looking all messy and unorganized it would probably freak me out.

My mom was a nurse before she realized she had carpal. Now she works administration in the hospital. Nurses: I know what it's like. ;)

Sephora does samples. That'd be a free way to try some out I guess. :)

Also: awww... I get what you mean about the photos, but I wish I could see it. Hrm.. Ever consider cutting your head off in the shot? I've seen posts that do that: full body, minus a head. It looks weird, but maybe it's a comfort thing? Or hey, a shot of the jacket and crop JUST the jacket ;) ...Or link me a photobucket photo? Just in comments? Nudge nudge goes the bad influence!!

<--Hibernating. Rawr, I'm a bear! Watch me stomp about the room, being a bear! RAWR! ;)

Lady Bethezda said...

Love your hair! The blue really pops next to your red hair.