Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Eve

I didn't do anything super-fun for NYE.  We had a quiet night in with the kids.  We made some snacks and played xbox and board games.  I fell asleep at 9pm and the kids woke me at 11:55 so I could see the ball drop.  Afterward, I promptly went to bed as I had to be to work at 7am.

But I didn't want to miss out on all the NYE makeup fun...so I threw this together just to be festive.  I like how it turned out.  The checkout girl, at my local supermarket, thought so too...she gave me some nice compliments as she was ringing up my stuff :) 

This was the first time I've ever applied my crease color first but I don't think it's going to be the last!

I used......

 Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as Primer (for face AND eyes as recommended here)
Concrete Minerals Bang Up Blue120 Palette darkest purple and white (highlight)
LA Colors liquid eyeliner
Maybelline Define-a-Line eyeliner




Although, I've been using Monistat as a cheap primer alternative for my face for quite some time...it honestly never occurred to me to use it as an eye primer until I read Blix's review.  It really does a good job!  You have to use it VERY sparingly though (or at least I had to).  The first time I attempted my look, my shadows wouldn't stick and were pilling up while I was attempting to blend.  But if you only use the tiniest of amounts, it yields some pretty great and cheap results!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year's celebration and that you've all had a good start off to 2011!

4 comments:

Phyrra said...

Gorgeous eye look!

Stephtee said...

Thank you! I was really happy with how it came out :)

Jen said...

What a gorgeous eye look!! Can you come to my place and do mine?? ;-)

Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

Stephtee said...

Thank you Jen! That was very nice of you to say :)