Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rawr!!

Today, I tried my first leopard print look.

I'm definitely not afraid of color when it comes to my eyes, but for some reason this whole leopard print thing was daunting to me.

My eyeliner could have been better and I really didn't have a brush small enough to fill in my "spots".

But for a first attempt, I think I did all right :)








EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
(all around eye and up to the brow bone)
120 Palette (bright lime green on the lid, pale greenish-yellow in the crease, brightest dark pink for lower lashline and 'spots'.
Almondine to highlight (I really wish I remembered who makes this and where I bought it...I'm going to be sad when it's gone...)
Mayebelline lineur intense liquid eyeliner in carbon black (upper lashline)
Maybelline define-a-line eyeliner (waterline)
Maybelline great lash mascara in soft black

FACE:
Monistat
anti-chafing gel (primer)
Sassy Minerals Foundation in Cool/Fair
Sassy Minerals Finishing Powder in Light

LIPS:
Fyrinnae
Lip Lustre in Puppy Love

*Today's Tidbits*
My Mood:  Content.  I haven't done much today, but it's been a nice peaceful, relaxing day.
My SongClint Eastwood by the Gorillaz.  Alex was playing Rock Band while I was making dinner and this was one of the songs he played.  It's been stuck in my head ever since. :)
My Look:  The above makeup paired with  my favorite pair of dark blue jeans and a white tank top embossed with a sparkly pink and silver butterfly.  Hair tossed up in a messy bun--hey, I only ran to the store :-P
My Dinner:  Cheating Day today!  BLT's, Bacon-Ranch Pasta Salad, Unsweetened iced tea with lemon to drink and......strawberry shortcake for dessert!!!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

LOVE the colours! The spots came out well. I put my spots on, then the liner, then you don't have to fill them in x

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job! Love the green.

Does the Monistat Gel help your makeup last longer??

Chickee said...

OmG! WOW! That is freaking great.

So tell me what you do if your eyes droop at the corners and your brows are so heavy that your lashes touch the brow bone when opened. Grrr... I hate trying to make my eyes look nice and fresh.

=)

Stephtee said...

Thanks for your compliments! I wasn't completely happy with it, but overall I was pleased. I had fun trying it out :)

Robyn--I didn't think to do it that way, putting the spots on first. If I do this again, I'll give it a try.

Mari--I think the Monistat helps. I like the way it makes my skin feel all soft and silky and my foundation does stay on longer. And I'm cheap--so the price can't be beat!

Oh Chickee, you're gorgeous and you know it! And if you don't, you totally should! :P