Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review: L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara

Last term, I noticed something about my one of my nursing instructors.

Her lashes looked beyond fabulous.  Week after week, I wanted to ask her what mascara she was using.  This term, she's my math teacher and, on the first day, I got up the nerve to ask her what she's been using. :)

First, she told me that without mascara she has almost no eyelashes.  Then she told me that, ever since she started using it, she's had to keep it in her purse to show people because many people have asked about her lashes....and she pulled a tube of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara out of her bag.  She then added that everyone she's told about this mascara has become a convert.

I've never really cared that much about my mascara.  I mean, I use it....but what kind hasn't really mattered all that much to me.  I usually buy a different brand each time I run out....wondering if this time I'll come across something amazing.  My sister swears by a mascara by Too Faced (I forget what it's called) but I can't spend that much money on a mascara--just can't bring myself to do it.  But I figured $7.99 was reasonable enough to give this stuff a shot.

I will say first off that I am not a fan of the packaging.  I realize that this is a drug store brand and that it is 'cheap' but this packaging feels really cheap!  I even placed the tube in Jeff's hand and he was shocked at how lightweight and flimsy it feels.


 The wand is the plastic bristle type.  Not too big or too small.  Just seemed to be pretty much what I expected it to be.
 I've noticed in other mascara reviews that bloggers will mention the smell.  Honestly, I've never noticed a smell with my mascaras before this one.  Maybe I'm just oblivious and not paying enough attention :)  This one does have a bit of a (medicinal?) odor to it but I only noticed it when I removed the wand from the tube and I don't notice any odor when I am wearing it.

So...am I a convert like everyone else my teacher has shown this stuff to?

I think I just might be.

Behold....my mostly bare eye.  Face is washed...eyeliner is mostly gone (at this point I usually take a makeup wipe to my eyes to get off the remaining stuff but I'm going no where today and was feeling rather lazy...my apologies)

 Then I applied two coats of Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara to my top lashes and one coat to my bottom lashes.

I think they look pretty good!  I think they separate pretty nicely and I like the 'blackness' of the product and how my lashes stand out.  Now usually, I would put a little more work into applying my mascara...apply several coats, comb through them etc.  But for two quick coats(and no other makeup)...I think they look pretty spiffy!

I've been using this mascara for about two weeks now and I really like it a lot.  I think it makes my lashes look fuller, longer and darker.  I like the formula better than Falsies and Colossal which are the last two mascaras that I've tried.

This might even be HG territory for me which I haven't ever experienced with a mascara.


Have you guys tried this?  What did you think of it?

4 comments:

KayKay said...

i have this mascara and its really good. it does the job and isnt clumpy. your lashes look nice with the mascara :)

Stephtee said...

Thanks! I like it a lot. I think it's going to be my go-to mascara for a while. Until something new comes along lol :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nice! It's just about time for me to buy mascara--I'll try this stuff! :O)

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

I'm going to give it a try. Like you, I pick up a new/diff. brand each time. Excellent review.