Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daily Challenge 05--my favorite quote

I've been a little under the weather these past few days so I'm going to try to keep this one pretty short :)

My most favorite quote is courtesy of my all time favorite singer (although I am aware she didn't actually write this song):

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another
It's from 'Justify My Love'.  I know the song is mostly about sex but this quote says to me that you're really not going to enjoy your life unless you're completely true to yourself.

I have two other favorite quotes:

Anything worth having is worth working for and waiting for (from the song No Pain, No Gain by Betty Wright)

and....what kind of mom would I be if I didn't include a little Dr. Suess :)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

All pretty wise words to live by.

No comments: