Monday, June 7, 2010

Daily Challenge 04--Favorite Book

I love books!

My parents and grandmother were all bookworms and they passed that love down to me. 

I was allowed to read whatever I wanted.  No topic was taboo and I was always encouraged to read outside of my age range and to broaden my mind.  I remember, once, we lived in a small town for a bit and the local library refused to let me borrow a Stephen King novel because I was 13.  They wanted written permission from my parent.  My father was soooo mad that he actually went in to the library and told the librarian that she was to never EVER refuse to let me borrow a book for any reason, ever again! 

I don't have many positive memories of my dad, but that one always makes me smile.

I think I was about 11 when I read my first Stephen King book and I've been hooked ever since :)

From the first time I read it, my favorite book has always been IT by Stephen King.

I think I've read it 6 or 8 times. 

No other book has ever made it even budge from my top slot.

My other love is books in a series.  I love being able to go back and revisit my favorite characters in totally new adventures. 

It might not be classic literature or brain expanding concepts but it's my belief that it doesn't matter what you read as long as you're reading!

What books top your list of favorites?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I agree - I read a lot and I'll read everything. Of course some things I think are total trash but I read them so I can slate them, ha ha! I love books in a series too, big long ones like David Eddings, just because they get familiar but they're long enough so that you don't get bored.