Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Epically Epic's Yellow Cake Hydrating Mist

From Epically Epic's Etsy Store:
A sprayable hydrating body mist with a blend of antioxidant rich oils and vitamin E that leaves your skin feeling silky soft and smelling epic. Spray on wet or dry hair to boost shine and fight frizz. It's perfect to use as a light perfume or for layering with my other scented products.
I bought this when I made my last big haul.  The previous time I had ordered from Epically Epic, I bought the yellow cake scented shower scrub and I decided, right then and there, that Yellow Cake is my absolute favorite scent.  Ever.

So, when I saw this I really wanted to try it based on the scent  alone....but after reading the description, it sounded like it would not only be great smelling but also a great multi-tasker of a product as well.

For the first few weeks, I strictly used this as a perfume.  I think mostly because I love the smell so much.  But this stuff is soooo much more than just a pretty scent.  It makes a nice, light lotion.  It's not greasy and my skin soaks it up pretty quickly and it leaves me feeling soft and silky for most of the day.

I have to admit I was very apprehensive about spraying this stuff in my hair.  I guess I was worried about it making my hair greasy or weighing it down.  On Friday, I decided to just go for it.  I straightened my hair and sprayed a light mist of it around my head.  Not only did it keep the frizz at bay, my hair felt so smooth and soft!  I wasn't sure if it was my imagination--maybe I felt it was softer because I wanted it to work--so I asked Jeff to feel my hair too.  He was pretty amazed at how nice my hair felt!

And I can't finish up this review without talking about the scent again.  If you don't particularly like food scents then you probably won't like this one (but this product comes in many different scents) but I love, love, love it and I almost never want to smell like anything else!  I get a ton of compliments about it whenever I wear it and I've been told a few times that the scent makes people hungry--it's THAT realistic!  I even had to stop wearing it at work due to some unwanted attention I was receiving because of it!  It's my firm belief that if you don't currently own something Yellow Cake scented from Epically Epic then you need to get some now! 

No comments: