Wednesday, March 23, 2011

LOTD: This Mom Rocks!

The inspiration for the title of this LOTD comes from two places.  One:  I tried my hand at Makeup Geek's "How to look Rocker-Chic" tutorial....and Two:  my favorite shirt is a T-shirt which has "This mom rocks" embossed across the front in glitter and sequins (unfortunately I've worn it so much that the sequins have started falling off and the shirt is swiftly on the way to saying 'This mom ocks' LOL).  But since it's still my favorite shirt, I figured why not pair my rockin' shirt with some rockin' makeup.

Of course, I don't own any of the products Marlena used in her video.  So I made what I felt were reasonable substitutions.  I think it came out pretty good :)

I used:
Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer
Sugarpill Bulletproof (Wing)
120 Palette (Marbled Gray/Lid and Dark Brown/Crease)
Sugarpill Tako (Highlight and Blending)
Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (Inner Corners)
Milani Liquif-eye eyelinerMaybelline Falsies Mascara
 

(I realize this one is a little smeared underneath...I did clean it up before I went out...But otherwise, I liked this pic)


Overall, I was pretty happy with the way this one turned out and I think I'm going to try the general technique with some different colors.

That's it for tonight!

No comments: