Friday, June 4, 2010

Daily Challenge 01--Favorite Song

I'm such a sheep.

Baaaa.

So I'm seeing all these thirty day challenge posts on youtube and on some written blogs and um, well......

I love not having to come up with my own blog ideas love the idea of participating.

The first topic is favorite song.

I love music.  All kinds.  Well except country (and there are even a few select favorites in that genre too...shhhh don't tell anyone okay?) And I probably have about a million favorite songs. 

My criteria for my absolute favorite songs is simple.

Listening to them must make me deliriously happy and put a crazy/insane smile on my face.

I've narrowed it down to three :)

  • Soul Bossa Nova (most people recognize it as the Austin Powers theme song) I swear this has to be one of the happiest songs ever written.  Never fails to make me smile.
  • Get Into the Groove by Madonna--As a child of the 80's, I was a Madonna nut.  I still am to a certain extent, although I really don't enjoy much of her stuff that's come out since 2000.  I never grow tired of this song and it always makes me want to get up and dance.  It was my absolute favorite song until I'd heard......
  • Buddy Holly by Weezer--I listen to a lot of hip hop and urban music.  In my teens and young adult years, I was very closed minded to any other kind of music.  So I'd never really heard this song and paid any attention to it until after I was a full fledged grown adult.  But once I did, Madonna had to take a back seat :)

    Well, those are mine.  What are your favorite songs?  What makes them special?

2 comments:

Chickee said...

ooh we ooh I look just like buddy holly. =)

hehehee That song does make me smile.

Austin Powers theme though UGH. I didn't like the movies and hearing those notes make me cringe. =)

Madonna in the 80s and early 90s YES fabulous. =)

Stephtee said...

Awwwww Chickee, but Austin Powers is my favorite movie :)

When it comes to Madonna, anything from the very beginning up to the Music Album is great...anything after that, not so much.