Saturday, May 8, 2010

How this makeup addict gets up and goes when she has no get up and go...

I did not want to leave the house yesterday. Nope. No way. No How. My sweetie and I had been relaxing (read: being utterly lazy) all day and it was wonderful. So many days we always have someplace to go...laundry, groceries, post office etc. But despite how much I was enjoying being a bump on a log, I ended up having to make a trip out to do some banking and a little shopping. Yesterday (unlike today) was an extremely sunny, gorgeous day. And since I really wasn't feeling the whole idea of leaving my cozy chair and bum-around-the-house clothes, I decided to do some bright colorful makeup to try and cheer me up and put me in the right frame of mind to deal with the outside world.

I was inspired by Eden Blue whose blog can be found here

Eyes

Urban Decay Primer Potion (all the way to brow and along lower lash line)
Concrete Minerals--Juvenile (on lid to the crease, inner half of lower lash line)
120 Palette--bright dark green, third row down, third row in from the right (crease and outer half of lower lash line) and a little mix of brown and reddish brown for my brows (still trying to find the right shade for them) oh and I used some black from this palette as well (outer v)
My old faithful generic Almondine (highlight)
Maybelline define-a-line eyeliner in black
Maybelline Colossal mascara in black

Face
Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel (Primer)
Sassy Minerals foundation--Cool/Fair
Sassy Minerals finishing powder--Light

No lips because a)I was feeling lazy and b)I often make that makeup faux pas since I'm not really a big fan of stuff on my lips anyway :)








And this one is my daughter, Addy, and I being super silly. I wuvs her...she rocks!




**Yesterday's Tidbits**

My Mood: LAZY!!!!!!
My Song: 'Sexy Chick' by David Guetta f/ Akon. Because a) I am and b)I needed something peppy to get me energized and moving.
My dinner: No kids at home last night so I just cooked up some chicken patties. Had them on bread with lettuce and tomato. Homemade potato salad. Unsweetened iced tea with lemon.

No comments: