Sunday, December 26, 2010

All Kinds of Christmas Related Stuffs! (and makeup too)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas that was filled with happiness and joy and maybe even a few presents that they've been longing for!  My living room is still filled with toys galore.  Wall-to-wall, no matter how much we try to organize and separate them into sensible piles for each child.  There's even been talk that this is the best. Christmas. ever.  but then again, they say that every year ;)

Almost the whole house has fallen sick with some sort of cold.  Addy, Alex and myself are pretty much flat out sick.  Bear and Mathias are starting to show signs as well.  Jeff and Nathan are the only ones untouched....so far.  On top of that, we are expecting a massive snow storm that is supposed to drop anywhere from 6-12 inches on us.  It will be our first "real" snowfall of the year and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  I hate snow.  Bear, on the other hand, was really sad that we didn't have a white Christmas so he's getting his wish (just a few days late) and he couldn't be happier about it.

I have two looks to share.  The first one I did for the fun of it on the 23rd.  I was inspired by a house near my job.  It's decorated in tons of sparkly light blue and dark blue lights, with some white lights for an accent.  It looked soooo pretty!

I used:
UDPP (original)
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (Milk)
120 Palette (light teal, the speckled dark blue, and the darkest purple, and white to highlight)
Color Workshop liquid eyeliner (Silver on the upper lid)
Maybelline Define-a-line eyeliner (water line, smudged a bit under lower lashline)
Maybelline Falsies mascara



 I went to work that night and forgot that I was wearing makeup.  I work a sleep-over shift and I don't normally wear makeup since I'm going right to bed.  The makeup hadn't even budged when I woke up!  So...I wore it all day the next day (*blush!*).  By about 3pm, it needed the slightest of touch-ups. 

The next look was my Christmas Eve look.  Every year, we invite family to our house and have a big buffet-style feast and gift giving extravaganza! 
I used:
UDPP (original)
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae Sequined Master120 Palette (darkest purple, white for highlight)
Sassy Minerals Merlin's Ball (Inner corners and under arch of eyebrows)
NYC liquid eyeliner (black)
Maybelline define-a-line eyeliner (water line, slight tightlining)
Maybelline Falsies mascara
Lips:  Fyrinnae Puppy Love with a slight sprinkling of Merlin's Ball (but it doesn't show in the pics)



 And now (as if this blog wasn't long enough.....) Some Christmas Eve cuteness:

Mathias hugging the tree.  Addy started this tradition years ago.  We always take a pic of her hugging the tree but this year, baby bro wanted to get in on the act too!
 Bear, in a Santa hat...but he looks more snarky than Jolly.  I still liked this picture though :)
 This is my niece Marissa (once again...excuse my messy desk).  She's a cutie.  This coat and hat combo made me chuckle...she looks like something from another era.
 Addy and Mathias hugging the tree
 Addy, Marissa posing sweetly and then Nathan jumped in to scare them...I love this pic!
 For Christmas, we stayed in our jammies all day and ate a big dinner while watching Christmas movies.  We played lots of board games too.  I hope you and yours had as nice of a holiday as we did!

1 comment:

Phyrra said...

Both of the eye looks are pretty! I love the color placement in the blue look.