Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August Favorites

It's that time again.  Time to take a peek into my makeup stash and see what items I've been using the most!


URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW TRANSFORMATION POTION


That's a mighty long name for a product! (Did I even get it right? I'm totally guessing!)  I know there are plenty of different techniques and products out there that are used for applying eyeshadow as eyeliner.  I also know that I haven't tried any of them.  Except this one.  I really love the brush--I wish all liquid eyeliner had this brush.  I think my winged liner comes out far better when I use this stuff.  Plus there's the novelty factor of being able to have almost any color eyeliner I want without having to go out and buy them!  The best part was that I bought it on sale for $5!


996 (EYESHADOW) FROM MY PRETTY ZOMBIE

I have a review in the works for My Pretty Zombie but I haven't had a chance to test drive all my stuff yet.  However....this eyeshadow was love at first sight.  I'm a sucker for blue and I'm not ever afraid to wear it.  This is one of the brightest, boldest, most awesome blues that I own.  Yesterday, I wore it using the UD Transformation Potion and did some majorly bold winged-out liner.  It. was. awesome.

Speaking of blues....

BOTH DARK BLUES FROM WnW'S 'BLUE HAD ME AT HELLO' PALETTE
I know I featured the whole palette as a favorite previously, but I have new admiration for the dark blues in this palette (maybe the sparkly black that's in there too....).  Every blue look I've done lately has featured those darker blues in the crease.

Which brings me to this photo:
 This is the above mentioned 996 paired with the WnW dark blues....LOVE this!

and last but not least....

MILANI 3-D GLITZY GLAMOUR GLOSS IN STARSHINE
(phew! Another long name!)
(The gloss in question is the first one on the left in the bottom row)

Lip products are so not my thing.  I want them to be.  I've bought many products hoping that they'd be the miracle product that I would want to put on my lips every day.  This isn't that miracle either--but it's SUPER DUPER SPARKLY!!!! And I can't resist sparkles and glitter.  I've worn it over other colors and it gives them that little somethin' extra, but mostly I've been wearing it alone because...honestly...I'm just too lazy.  I rarely even wear lip stuff unless it's a really special occasion, but I've been finding myself wearing this one for just any old time.  Must be the sparkles.  Sparkles, like bacon, make everything better. (Or is that just me?)

What have you guys been loving lately?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Oooh, bargain for the UD thing! I use a mixing medium but tbh if there was a good one with a brush, I'd be tempted by it.

Right now... LOL, loving Dessert Absinthe!

Stephtee said...

Dessert Absinthe FTW!!

I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for the UD stuff but for five bucks it's definitely worth it!

Unknown said...

Wow, great deal. Right now I'm really loving my Elizabeth Arden Teaberry lipstick, beautiful shade and a great lipstick.