Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review: Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer

I received Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer as a gift when I won a contest on their Facebook page.  I would have taken my own picture of my actual product when I received it....but Mathias likes to sneak into my room and make a stinking mess out of play with my makeup.  The first time I went to use it, I opened the tin to find the primer has been all chopped up inside.  It looked like beige cottage cheese.  I was still able to use it, the product was just unappealing to look at now thanks to my five year old (lucky for him that he's adorable and I love him!)

I swiped this picture from Concrete Minerals website.  I'm hoping she doesn't mind as I'm full of nice things to say.

First off, I have to say that I am not a primer expert.  My knowledge of primer is basically a) you NEED to use one if you want your eyeshadow to last  and  b) you NEED to use one if you want your eyeshadow to last :)  Prior to trying this product, the only two products I'd tried were UDPP and Monistat Anti-Chafing gel (which I use as a face primer and tried on my eyes a time or two).

I LOVE Electric Eye Primer.  It does everything that it's supposed to.  Colors stay vibrant and true...they don't fade on me...and I rarely experience creasing (and when I do...I'm sure it's my fault somehow). 

I can even apply my makeup, go to work and go to sleep (I love my job!).  If I stay relatively still in the night and don't mash my face into the pillow, I can wake up in the morning and look just as good as when I arrived the night before.  (I know, I know....I'm supposed to wash it all off before bed.  Sometimes I'm just lazy!)

Some people might take issue with it not being in a squeeze tube.  It wasn't a problem for me.  I like the way the product is packaged and I don't mind scooping out what I need with a clean brush each time.

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it.  I've had a great experience with it so far and I plan on buying a new tin of it soon.
.
Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer costs $11.00 and can be purchased here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review, I might have to try this when my current primer runs out!

Stephtee said...

I'd say it's definitely worth a try! :)